Selin Kiazim, founder of Oklava restaurant in Shoreditch, UK brings us this cheesy stuffed pide cooked in Gozney Roccbox inspired by her Turkish Cypriot roots. This recipe is full of flavour and includes three types of cheese: feta, mozzarella and pecorino, finished with an egg yolk for extra richness.
1. For the dough:
- Add the flour, yeast, oil, salt and sugar into the mixer and mix on a slow speed for 5-10 mins.
- Remove from the mixer and roll into a sausage shape.
- Leave the dough to proof in the fridge overnight.
2. For the cheese filling:
- Combine the feta, mozzarella, pecorino, Baharat spice and garlic together.
- Roll out dough into oval shape and fill the centre with the cheese mix.
- Close up both sides and pinch at the top to seal.
- Bake in your Gozney Roccbox or Dome at 400°C until deep golden brown. If you don’t have a pizza oven that reaches these temperatures, you can bake in your conventional oven at the highest temperature.
3. To finish:
- Melt the butter in a pan, then whisk it together with the honey and brush over the cooked pide.
- If you’re looking for a traditional Turkish pide, peel open the top of the pide and add in an egg yolk for extra richness, and enjoy!
For the dough:
625g Strong flour
12g Fresh yeast or 7g sachet of dried instant yeast
1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
1 tsp fine salt
1 tsp caster sugar
340ml - 360ml approx. luke warm water
For the cheese filling:
200g Feta, crumbled
200g Mozzarella, shredded (something you would use for American style pizza, not too wet or we need squeeze out excess liquid)
200g Pecorino, grated
1-2 tbsp Baharat spice
2 Garlic cloves, microplaned
40g Unsalted butter